Anthea is an experienced politician, legislator and policy advocate with substantial experience of negotiating legislative change and implementing best practice.
When she was the Conservative MEP for the West Midlands, she consistently pursued strong cross-party and international consensus to advance important goals of science-based policy-making and proportionate regulation.
She tirelessly championed the role of innovation and best practice to meet the challenges of delivering a sustainable agricultural supply chain and food security.
Member of the Agriculture and Rural Development Committee (2011-2020):
- Parliament’s Rapporteur on Regulation 2016/2031on protective measures against pests of plants (Plant Health Law)
- Author and rapporteur on AGRI report: The future of Europe’s horticulture sector – strategies for growth.
- Author and rapporteur on AGRI report: Technological solutions for sustainable agriculture.
- Shadow rapporteur on the Directive on Unfair Trading Practices 2019
Member of the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee (2019-2020)
ECR Group Co-ordinator on the temporary Special Committee on the Union’s authorisation procedure for pesticides (PEST) (2018-19)
- Shadow Rapporteur on PEST Committee’s report
- Published alternative report - The European Union’s authorisation procedure for pesticides: A science-based approach
ECR Group Co-ordinator on Employment and Social Affairs Committee (2012-2019)
- Author and rapporteur on EMPL report: How can the EU contribute to creating a hospitable environment for enterprises, businesses and start-ups to create jobs?